Weakness affects people in different ways. When it begins affecting health, well being, and daily activities it becomes a bigger issue that can have a significant impact on ones life. Strength is essential to do everything throughout the day from walking to more simple things like getting in and out of the bathtub. Poor strength can also lead to balance issues which can have detrimental effects including falls causing bone fractures. It is essential that someone experiencing weakness that affects daily tasks seeks out help from a healthcare provider.
The only way we can move and balance is with strength and endurance. A lot of injuries happen because muscles are too weak to dissipate forces. It is essential that athletes and non-athletes alike engage in some kind of strength training to stay healthy and keep their movement system in the best shape possible.
There are many things that may lead to weakness, but we have listed some of the most common things that we see in the clinic:
- Non-use due to pain and discomfort (arthritis)
- Weakness following a prolonged illness
- Weakness following an injury
- Aging poorly
In order to properly regain strength, stay accountable, and have a solid plan to get you back to doing what you love you may seek out the help of a Chiropractor or Physical Therapist in Charlottesville. Here’s how PT’s and Chiro’s can help:
- Educate: Give you knowledge about strength and conditioning and the numerous health and analgesic benefits.
- Program: Your PT will help to develop a plan that is specific to you and not just a general exercise program. It will be built around goals that you set.
- Accountability: Keep you accountable and ensure active participation in your care through a home program and coaching
If you have been experiencing weakness that is affecting your life, don’t wait any longer to seek out care. We are here to help you get back to doing the things you love and improve your daily life.