Do I need a prescription for physical therapy appointment?
- No. In Virginia, you are allowed to receive physical therapy services such as an evaluation and appointment without a prescription for 30 days.
How long do physical therapy treatments last?
- Typically physical therapy appointments last 45 minutes to 1 hour. The initial physical therapy evaluation is always an hour long and will be one-on-one with a doctor of physical therapy.
Will I be with the same physical therapist every appointment after my evaluation?
- Yes! We make every effort to ensure that our patients are seen by the same provider at each physical therapy appointment. We have seen better outcomes from patient care doing this.
Do you use exercise techs?
Will my physical therapy treatment be progressed?
- You can expect to be doing something new each session. We will work to progress you through short term (moving without pain)and long term goals (running without pain at preinjury pace). We tailor each session to each patient based on their needs that day.
How often will I have to come to my physical therapy appointment?
- It depends on the condition, but generally, patients are seen in the clinic 2x’s per week and given a home program to reinforce progress outside of the clinic.
Am I a good fit for your physical therapy clinic?
- Yes absolutely! We see patients ranging in age anywhere from 5 to 90 years old. We have worked with populations including professional, collegiate, and youth athletes, as well industrial athletes of all types. Professional runner? Olympic high jumper? Nurse? Construction? Desk job? We’ve got you! We can also help you improve your strength, balance, and many other conditions that may bring you in. We also offer free in-person or over-the-phone physical therapy consultations with our healthcare providers if you are still unsure.