Personal Training at Balanced
We believe in a holistic approach to care with our patients. Offering wellness services allows us to work towards our mission of helping each client reach a state of optimal health and wellbeing. As movement professionals, we have an in-depth understanding of anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, and injury to help design your program around a specific goal.
We also have a knowledge of all of the physiological adaptations including endocrine, cardiac, pulmonary and soft tissue changes, that occur with different types of exercise. This knowledge and clinical experience help us to deliver a personal training experience to get to the root of your goals that is hard to rival.
You can benefit from personal training if….
- You’re in the late stages of rehabilitation from a sports injury
- You have been off of your sport and would like to maintain fitness or improve fitness before the preseason
- You want to improve your strength and conditioning to be fitter and healthier
- Activities throughout the day are becoming difficult to perform
- You’re hoping to maintain your health for years to come
Initial Evaluation: $150
- Determine baseline levels of strength and cardiovascular fitness
- Establish a 1-repition maximum value for common strength movements
- Goal setting with your provider
- Video recording of movement mechanics related to goals
- Program design by provider
One Hour Session: $115
- One on one session with one of our Doctors
- Session to session adjustments to ensure progress towards goals and improved fitness
- Includes home program development and tracking
One Hour 2-to-1 Training Session: $75 per trainee
- Train with a buddy or teammate
- Session structure will be similar with adjustments to weight and intensity used throughout to suit individual needs
- Does not include home program development and tracking
* Both trainees must have an initial evaluation performed before first 2-to-1 training session
4-Pack: $437.00 (5% discount)
8-Pack: $828.00 (10% discount)
12-Pack: $1173.00 (15% discount)
*$20 off initial assessment with any package purchase
Types of Training
Strength and Power
Training for gains in strength and power require progressive overloading in order to produce muscular and soft tissue adaptations. Our professionals will work closely to develop a plan and TRACK loading over time to ensure optimal stimulus for changes in your body. We will tune training to help you meet your goals. If fitness is your overall goal, we can help to design a whole body workout to help obtain more lean body mass.
- Increased muscle mass
- Increased bone mineral density and soft tissue strength and resiliency
- Reduced risk of injury with sports that require, cutting, planting, and jumping
Endurance or aerobic training can also be tuned to each individuals goals. Based on goals, training will be developed to target your type 1 muscle fibers with lower intensity, steady state exercise. There are many ways to achieve your goals with aerobic training and are no limited to biking and running.
- Burning more fat with your workouts
- Increasing your body’s ability to use oxygen
- Allowing muscle fibers to be better able to handle aerobic demands
- Improved cardiovascular and pulmonary function
Interval training is resistance training with decreased rest breaks. This allows your heart rate and pulmonary function to stay elevated throughout the training session. Interval training allows you to train both your strength and power as well as your aerobic (endurance) systems at the same time. This can be especially helpful for people who participate in sports like basketball, soccer, or hockey that require a combination of both aerobic and anaerobic systems to be working together.
- Improves both aerobic and anaerobic capacities
- Allows for improvements similar to those in strength training.